Sunday, January 10, 2010

What to say?

I still haven't decided what I want this blog to be. Outside of writing and playing music, I really have no agendas. No great religious arguments or political stance. I've no desire to publicize my family life. I do have interests in fitness, especially in the realm of running and triathlons. I also think I need to do more within the community. As it stands, I take no part in charity events or organizations. There are a lot of charities that hold runs to raise money for their cause. Perhaps I can get the "Crowd of Tens" to follow me out there as well.

What I don't want to do is flood this page with junk about ME. Because, my life is pretty dull day to day. There's work in the morning for 8 to 10 hours and, believe me, there's nothing fun to talk about there. Then a drive home and a few hours before the house goes quiet. Those pre-silence moments are dedicated to dinner and quality time with the family. Some games, a little music, or TV. Then, after munchkin bedtime, it's time to update the websites and put the posts up for upcoming shows. That's all if I'm not actually playing a show! There's not much to talk about at the shows. Every once in awhile there's a stand out situation, but, more often than not, it's... not boring, but generic.

I've always been the type of person that is great in conversation. I'd never be a great comedian, but I'm very funny in conversation. I need stimulus. So 2010 will see me manufacturing stimulus. I'm going to go out and create subject matter to talk about and, consequently, create a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment