Saturday, January 16, 2010

Results of the Haiti Relief Show

Well, first of all, I want to thank everyone who came out to the show at Buffalo Wild Wings Casselberry. I think we all had a blast. If you couldn’t make it out, you really missed a lot of fun. Most of my friends brought their kids out there with them and invited friends and family to join. It was a great turn out and the kids had a great time dancing and singing along. Those of you who passed the word on to coworkers and family, I can’t thank you enough. I hope they all enjoyed themselves and that they become new additions to my “Crowd of Tens.”

That what I call you guys, by the way. “A Crowd of Tens” if I haven’t explained it to you before, it was a name I came up with while watching the presidential election. “The senator appeared today to speak to a crowd of hundreds (or thousands)” Most of my shows, I can count the crowd myself and name half of them. So, as a joke, I started referring to my fans as “A Crowd of Tens.” I hope you don’t mind, because last night our handful of people made a big difference to the American Red Cross relief effort in Haiti.

As promised, I donated 100% of my tips to the Red Cross. Together we collected $55 to aid in the stabilization and rebuilding efforts after the tragic earthquake in Haiti. You guys did an awesome job getting the word out and I hope you’re as proud as I am of the donation we made. As a bonus, I decided to throw in and extra $45 to make an even $100! I could not have done it without your help and I hope you know how much I appreciate every one of you.

Thanks again for all the support. If you didn’t make it to the show, I hope you’ve done your part to help those in need after the devistation in Haiti. There’s still so much to do. Remember September 11? Remember Katrina? It’s just like that. Find out what you can do and do it.

Much Love, DK

No comments:

Post a Comment